Since many of us spend more time in the home office, the question inevitably arises: What should I actually wear to be comfortably but at the same time smartly enough dressed for work at home? Homewear or its luxurious sister loungewear are obvious options, but beware: not all homewear is suitable for the home office.
What clothing is suitable for the home office?
Basically, there are some characteristics that should be met for any home office clothing:
- Of course, we also want to take the advantages of the home office into account when choosing our clothes, so the following applies: Nothing should pinch, the clothes should be comfortable.
- At the same time, it's important not to become a slouchy couch potato when we're ten minutes away from the next online meeting about the big new order from Japan. That means, even in clothing in the home office should also show that work is not leisure time..
- What the camera does to our appearance in the many video calls is often underestimated. The same applies here as in portrait photography: Avoid strong color contrasts and patterns.as they distract from what is so important in every conversation - our facial expressions.
- Ideal for sitting for long periods of time are materials such as merino wool, which do not crease and are breathable. In addition, merino is perfect for direct skin contact, it is cuddly soft and when we sweat it cools, when we are cold it warms.
- Last but not least, of course, we want to make a statement with our clothing choices in the home office. Even in the home office we want to show our personality through our clothes show: Elegant, smart or casual.
What homewear is ideal for the home office?
Many homewear collections naturally meet the criteria listed above, but not all. What should you look out for?
- Cue couch potato: we advise against Nikki jersey suits. They may be warm and cozy, but they often look cheap and send the wrong signal that it doesn't make a difference whether I'm sitting in front of Netflix in the evening after the gym or on a video call with the boss.
- Many conventional homewear collections come across as very affected. Rhinestone appliqués, pink plush, leopard prints - you've seen it all before and it's not suitable for the home office.
- We recommend natural fibres, which are not only comfortable to wear but also give homewear a high-quality touch.
- Also, you should not limit your search and selection to homewear only, but also consider high-quality loungewear. Loungewear looks classy and elegant in the home office, but still has the comfortable wearing properties of conventional homewear.
Recommendations from our loungewear collection for the home office
We recommend these outfits for your home office:
- Elegant Women's Home Suit consisting of Pullover Blossom Pants Bella: The knitted loungewear set made of 100% merino wool, available in different shades, with various twists: the V-pullover looks very elegant with the wide rib and is cuddly soft on the skin - ideal also for video calls. The loungewear trousers are cosy yet chic with the high-quality knitted-in pockets. In addition, merino does not crease - which is perfect when you sit a lot.
- Leisure suit for women consisting of Cardigan Bella & Top Blossom & Pants Bella: Our loungewear set with short cardigan, ribbed top and knitted pants. Ideal here is that you can wear the cardigan with waterfall neckline open or buttoned at the shoulder as you like. It is a very high quality homewear outfit that is casual and classy at the same time. Merino also balances out body temperature, making it perfect to wear next to your skin all day.